Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Country/Blues/Americana Artist Amy Allen Starts New Blog


     Welcome to my new blog, "Artist Reflections from Amy Allen"!  This is where I will express all of the great things going on with my workshops for artists, the Just Give Movement, my music, and my personal journey. We will also learn what others are doing!  I want this to be a platform for artists to learn from each other, gain knowledge and support each other.
Amy Allen
 


     My dreams vary, but in the end it all ties back to my music.  I think most artists feel this way.  I want to create a spider web effect in many directions with the center being my love for the arts and my dream of making the world a better place.

     When I returned to the music industry, I vowed to walk that talk from the upstart.  Ten percent of all of my earnings from CD or other merchandise are donated to fund activities of the Just Give Movement.  I also host concerts for the Just Give Movement where all proceeds go to local charities.  You can learn more about the Just Give Movement on my website.  I serve on the board for a wonderful organization, Global Village Education Foundation.  I hope you will visit their website at www.gvefusa.org.  They are doing wonderful development work to help children in Kenya. I am also a student of health and wellness.  This stems from the hard realities and health problems I face because of the image persona our society has created for those in the spotlight. 

     The music business is ever changing and ever growing. It is my hope that we can use my blog to creatively allow music to be a tool that brings people together. Let's take what we have learned and create projects that will enrich the lives of all involved!

     Now let's get to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment