Monday, March 24, 2014

Amy Allen Shares Insights on How to Raise Funds for Your Dream


    It’s all about the money, honey! 

     We all have to get creative when it comes to raising funds for a new project, a new CD, or to get on the road. I want to tell you about a new fundraising program I am using that may help you get the funds you need for your project.

     This week, I am wearing my development worker hat. In 2009, I became involved with Global Village Education Foundation. GVEF is a non-profit organization that helps empower communities by providing sustainability projects. They partnered with Glory Preparatory Academy (a private school in Machakos, Kenya) to make this dream a reality. If you would like to see all of the wonderful things that are going on with GVEF, check out the website www.gvefusa.org.

     This year, GVEF will be taking 14 team members to Kenya. I am responsible for raising funds and giving the team members opportunities to raise funds through our organization, Just Give Movement. We don’t have the budget to purchase t-shirts and really didn’t want to deal with shipping, but still thought t-shirts would be a good tool to raise funds. I found a wonderful site to help me with just that! I am selling t-shirts at www.booster.com. You set up the t-shirt, and they do all of the rest. It is that simple. Just upload your logo or choose from their collection of clip art, and build it right there. They have a variety of really nice t-shirt styles and colors. I chose the Hanes tag-less shirts. The website also helps you set fundraising goals. I set our organizations’ goal to sell 500 t-shirts. Don’t let that number overwhelm you. You can set your goal to as low as 50 shirts. If I meet my goal, my profit is over $6,000. All of the group members will send out e-mails with the link to our t-shirt page asking people to purchase a t-shirt in support of our mission. They also let us share cool links on Twitter and Facebook. Booster.com ships the t-shirt directly to the consumer.

     We also started a fundraising campaign on Razoo. This website helps non-profit organizations raise funds using the Internet and social media. I found this website very helpful and trustworthy. Please check out www.razoo.com. The GVEF razoo account can be found at http://www.razoo.com/story/Global-Village-Educationalfoundation?referral_code=share.

     Do you need to make a demo, and need funds to support your new CD?  Think about asking your fans to purchase a t-shirt in order to support your next project. With that simple purchase, they are becoming investors in your dream!

   
Check out our T-shirts at www.booster.com/2014summermissiontrip and www.booster.com/2014summermissiontrippink. We would love your support, too!

- Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment